Choosing a Pest Professional
If you are experiencing a pest problem and need to contact a pest management company, you want to know that you will receive the professional service the job requires. You expect the issue to be taken care of quickly and efficiently by a knowledgeable, experienced pest management professional.
Prompt attention and customer service are important. When seeking the services of a highly qualified pest management company, it is important to consider the following guidelines.
Greater Tampa Bay Area Pest Guidelines
At the very least be sure the pest management professional is a member of Quality Pro and the Florida Pest Management Association plus:
1. Ask if the company has experience with your type of pest problem. Some companies specialize in certain areas of pest management. You will want a company that has expertise with your specific pest problem.
2. Find out if the company is licensed with the State of Florida, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control. All Pest Management businesses must be licensed by the bureau to do business and have a minimum amount of liability insurance to be licensed. Alternative Pest Management is licensed in the state of Florida and proudly serves the Greater Tampa Area.
3. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any unresolved complaints against the company.
4. Ask if there are any warranties, if so, how long, what is covered and what will be done.
5. Ask how long the pest service agreement extends. You will want to know how many months your home or business will be under contract for service and understand how often treatments are repeated and how many treatments are covered in the agreement.
6. Inquire as to what types of products will be used and how they will be applied in your home or business. In most cases, you will want to opt for limited usage inside the structure.
7. For Termite baiting agreements, find out where monitoring station will be placed, how many and how often they will be inspected. What will be done when and if termites are found in the monitors?
8. For Termite chemical treatment agreements in Florida, find out what product will be used and why. Also when re-inspections will be done, how often and at what cost.
9. Get at least 2 or 3 estimates; then compare the services offered and the charges before making a choice.
10. Your Pest Management Professional should always perform the services as covered in the agreement. Do not expect anything to be done if it is not in writing. Make sure you understand all aspects of the Agreement before you sign any paperwork. Do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Before you sign!
The State of Florida, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services has a publication call “Consumer Tips on Purchasing Pest Control Services” take a look at: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/3146/19797/p01743_tipsonpurchasingpc_0910.pdf
Get a free quote from Alternative Pest Management today or call us at:
- Pasco / Hillsborough 1-813-563-9346
- Pinellas / Pasco 1-727-232-9990
- Citrus / Hernando 1-352-340-1541
We respect your privacy and do not sell or share your information with third parties.